Services | Certified Movement Analysts
"Laban is movement’s greatest map-maker…Hodgson compares him to Stravinsky, Picasso, and Stanislavsky, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he turned out to be more significant than all of these."
The Daily Telegraph (London)
July 21, 2001
Certified Movement Analysts consult on a wide variety of nonverbal research projects and coach athletes, politicians, executives, performers, and anyone interested in improving communication skills through effective movement training. The combined expertise of over 900 CMAs internationally allows us to be on the vanguard of the emerging field of Movement Studies, while providing our clients with a myriad of effective solutions.
A list of potential consultants is HERE
(please note that not all the consultants are CMAs)
A Certified Movement Analyst:
- Has knowledge of Laban Movement Analysis and understands how it is applied within various fields and contexts.
- Has been evaluated in her/his ability to physically demonstrate and verbally articulate concepts related to Body, Effort, Shape, Space, and Relationship; from both broad and specific perspectives.
- Has demonstrated the ability to verbally articulate and physically demonstrate the basic principles of Bartenieff Fundamentals sm, and understands their relationship to LMA—both theoretically and practically.
- Has the ability to apply theory in practice through research and creative work.
- Has an understanding of her/his own movement style in a variety of contexts, including interaction.
- Has experience observing, recording, and reading movement data using: motifs, phrase writing, coding sheets, video and live observation.